1. Think Big....
- Scan your textbook for broad topic ideas.
- Peruse current magazines and newspapers to see what catches your eye.
- Browse print and electronic encyclopedias.
- Look at "hot topic" databases, such as Opposing Viewpoints, which feature articles on current events and controversial issues.
- Discuss potential topics with your teacher, a librarian or a classmate
2. Make it Personal...
- Choose a topic that interests you and will hold your attention. If you do, the research will be more enjoyable!