NEW TO WEST?...LIBRARY ORIENTATION
- Passes are Required
- Checkout limited to 4 books-2 weeks each
- School Technology Use Policies Apply
- No food or drink permitted
- Reference Assistance available
- Any Book, any time policy- Interlibrary Loan
- Requests for book/magazine additions welcomed
- E-access available for books, reference, journals, etc.
Guidelines for checkout in the library
- Books.... 2 weeks..may be renewed without book
- Magazines.... 1 week
- Reference...Overnight - return before homeroom the following day
- E-Books....two weeks
LOST BOOK POLICY
Students are required to pay for or replace a book that has been checked out of the library and lost. The Librarian will provide a replacement cost. The other option is to buy the book that has been lost and "donate" it to the library as a replacement. Please speak with a librarian about your plan.
Students with long unresolved library obligations will be put on a list which may restrict their participation in school activities.
DONATING A BOOK?
Staff, parents and students are invited to donate books to West Library in HONOR of or MEMORY of a friend, family member, alumnus or colleague.
A librarian will meet with you via email, phone, or in person to discuss possible titles and options. In addition, a book plate can be placed in the front of the book to commemorate the gift. A letter will be sent to the person or family that you designate to inform them of the donation.
We will work with you to find the most suitable title(s) and assist in the process of obtaining the book. Please feel free to call!